Monday 5 December 2011

I Don't Want To Die! 78 Yr Old Woman Fights Redeem Church Over Excessive Noise


 A 78 year old woman cries out to the Government and the public to help her stop the excessive sound of musical instrument coming out from a Redeem church branch just by her house. She has confronted the church in different occasions but according to her, they remain addamant and that this has resulted in insults and even a court case, as her son was on one occassion charged to court, he was accused of attempting to set the church ablaze, but he was discharged for lack of evidence.

In the woman's words 
"At my age, I think I deserve some rest after labouring all this while. But they would’t allow me to have a moment of rest. Their speakers and musical instruments are always sounding very loud. It is always terrible whenever they hold vigils as I don’t get a wink of sleep on these occasions ... The level of noise generated by this church is unimaginable and I have complained to them several times to no avail. When my son, Segun, approached the church on the issue, he was rounded up and accused of trying to set the church ablaze. He was even charged to court and later discharged for lack of evidence ...  "At my age, I think I deserve some rest after labouring all this while. But they would’t allow me to have a moment of rest. Their speakers and musical instruments are always sounding very loud. It is always terrible whenever they hold vigils as I don’t get a wink of sleep on these occasions ... They have resorted to verbal abuse and assaults on my person whenever I approach them on this matter. They now call me a witch for championing a legitimate course. I have medical challenges. Once my sleep is distorted, my blood level rises and I don’t want to die now. Government should enforce its orders and save me from dying before my time"
In response to the allegation the church also claimed that they had done all they can because of the woman, said ....
"Due to her persistent complaints, the church removed all speakers that were plaed outside the church and restricted our sound systems within the auditorium. In a bid to pacify her, the church bought some air conditioners and as such all our windows and doors are always shut whenever our services are on.
"Our generators are sound proof and church vigils have even been reduced as we now have it once in a month. What else does she want from us?" 
Meanwhile the Lagos state environmental protection agency is looking into the situation. Who's side are you on, the elderly lady's or the church's side?

Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK


4 comments:

  1. lol.. i love your blog..the woman has a right to complain... i am sure the churches will say she is possessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha seriously possesed. won't be shocked if she actually says that

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahhahaha excessive noise is an understatement....i have a lot to say about the way Nigerians allow them selves to be continuously bombarded with noise all in the name of talking to god.....it is just sheer utter stupidity

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ EbonyExcite: I'm glad you do

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...