Monday 28 November 2011

Graves For The Living In Cemetries - Is This Necesary?

Double-Decker Family Tomb
Please read this story by Olaoluwa Mimiola of Sunday Tribune and tell me if you're thinking what I'm, thinking
"I was damned moody on my way to one of the popular cemeteries in Ibadan, to book a space for the late mother-in-law of the general manager of a foremost poultry farms in Oyo State, Ajanla Farms, recently. 
But, the scenario at the cemetery enlivened my mood; impregnated me with laughter, which I could not deliver anyway. 
While the cemetery attendant was giving us  the prices and various offers available at the cemetery, I suddenly noticed a regally and well-decorated tomb, which said something good about the financial status of the dead or his family. “Whao! They had just buried the dead. In spite of his wealth, he died. What a life, where we live to die! May his soul rest in peace,” I reacted.
The attendant cut in: “Oh! The man isn’t dead yet. He just secured a space for himself, in case he died. The tomb has been there for some years now, being renovated on a regular basis. This is not the only one here. There are more of it. In case you don’t know, there is provision for this. 
“This is a good arrangement. It assures people of being buried where they want, and takes care of the stress in securing where to bury loved ones.”
The man continued: 'There is another package called double- decker tomb. In this, either of the couple is buried under, sealed with a slab; the other buried on top, then we finally seal the tomb. The other person may not die for years after the demise of the first, but whenever he/she dies, there’s a place for him/her already.'
What a nice provision for one’s final abode!"
Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...