Friday 1 June 2012

IDRIS ELBA SCARED OF NELSON MANDELA ROLE


South Africans are not happy with the decision of a foreigner acting the role of Nelson Mandela in his long awaited biopic but what they won’t want to hear is the news of the unpreparedness of the actor in question. British actor and Golden Globe Award winner Idris Alba has been casted as Nelson Mandela in the film version of the book “A Long Walk to Freedom” which chronicles the struggles and rise to political power of African icon, Nelson Mandela.

Idris Elba is scared because he believes he is not prepared enough for the challenge.  The star of “The Wire” who is currently in Atlanta filming “No Good Deed” told New York Magazine “ It’s one of my biggest opportunities, and I can’t think about preparation or where my head is at. I just get this sinking feeling as soon as I open my mouth. I wish I wasn’t working directly up to it”
After Terrence Howard (Winnie) and Morgan Freeman (Invictus), Idris Alba will be the third actor to portray Nelson Mandela.



Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

2 comments:

  1. He should be scared - huge shoes to fill

    Adiya
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last time i checked his name was Idris Elba not Alba...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...