Monday 28 November 2011

Clem Ohameze: His Venture Into Politics, How He Escaped Death & Fled To USA

Nollywood actor, Clem Ohameze speaks on his venture into politics, how he escaped death and Fled to the United States for his safety. He said;
"Well, well, well, in the year 2007…it was actually 2006…I felt that I have fulfilled my desire in the movie industry. After all the movies and the awards, I just felt I needed to move on and do something else, so I set out for politics.
In 2006, I registered with the presently ruling party PDP and contested for house of reps in Imo state. I won the primaries and immediately after that, I was faced with all sorts of threats.
Some people felt I should not be a star in a movie industry and a star in the politics as well. So they said, “no, Clems, you are not supposed to be here, go and face your movie and leave us here.”
I felt that was what led them to do what they did. My car was attacked. I escaped their attacks severally. My cousin was killed, my driver escaped with a bullet. It was that serious. They thought I was inside the car and they wanted to eliminate me.
I had to leave Owerri and escaped through Enugu to Abuja, and travelled out of the country to UK and from there to America.
In fact, I was just running around for my safety. What helped me mostly is that I’m a citizen so I do not have limits to what I can do out there. But thanks to God, I’m back home now for good. I came back to Nigeria last year, because I believe everything is calm now".
Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

1 comment:

  1. the man should better stick to acting and leave politics for the dirty players

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...