Thursday 7 March 2013

Kelly Rowland Past Insecurities With Being A Black Woman Exposed


Hollywood Diva Kelly Rowland has exposed the unknown story of her life during the 2013 Essence Black Women of Hollywood event. The gorgeous actress and singer in a chat with Eurweb, said she went through a   period where she didn’t embrace her colour and with therapy and the woman in her life she was able to scale through.


She speaks on how she learned to embrace her skin tone;
"You know what, I had great women in my life to help me overcome that. I remember I went through a period where I didn't embrace my 'chocolatiness'. I don’t know if that’s a word, but I didn't embrace my chocolate lifestyle. Just being a chocolate, lovely brown skin girl and being proud of that.  I remember being out in the sun and I was trying to shield myself from the sun and [Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles] said, "Are you crazy?" She said "You are absolutely gorgeous" and she just told me how beautiful I was and how rare chocolate is and how gorgeous the skin is, all of this stuff. And I was just like ‘Yeah!’ Like a light went off and so on and my mother had me sitting out in the sun a little more, just to be a little more chocolate."
She advice women dealing with insecurities;
"You should embrace it. You embrace everything that you are as a woman, even your flaws too. And those things that you want to fix too and you work at making them better."
I'm glad she overcame her insecurities, and I hope that African's would learn to embrace their color and say no to bleaching.



Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizys Spyware
Twitter: ChizysSpyware

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy someone loved her enough to tell her that her skin color does not matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I love this.. Inspire our Girls oh!!! African Girls Like Bleaching and Doing some shitty Plastic Surgery which is not Good. I am Glad she said this. I hope I'll girls will see this and change.


    @ClintonSpel

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...