Tuesday 22 January 2013

Meet Blogger Turned Singer, Lily Johnson & Check Out Her New Singles



Blogger rIvera-Lilian Uzoamaka Ozomma-Jonn, best known as Lilly Johnson shares her opinions and views on women related matters at Bodyandmindforallwomen. She has now found a new portal to express her views and thoughts, and that's through music as she has just released two new singles 'Playboy' and 'Kilode'. She gave us a brief intro into her world;
I was born Ivera-Lillian Uzoamaka Ozomma-Jonn in Enugu.I know this might sound like a cliché, but I have been writing songs since I was 9. I just wrote everything at the back of my note books. Then I decided to get a book and write them all out. My short stories too. I wrote my story and song ideas on sheets of papers of different sizes that littered around and just generally annoyed everyone. I still do that though just without the litter. 
I was part of the choir of Queens’ School Enugu between 1995 and 1997. I sang the alto part with another girl. It was so much as we got to sing on TV and perform for dignitaries and all. 
Then I began my solo performances in church meetings. Sometimes with my bunk mate who loved performing with me. I sang my own songs. Of course everyone talked about how deep my voice was. It was funny when every girl had that girly kind of voice and I didn’t.  
When my family moved to Lagos, I wrote songs and performed with the choir of my small church. It was a really tough time for my family then so my whole life kind of revolved around juggling poor paying teaching jobs and writing for a romance magazine just to make ends meet. Singing was the only thing I did for fun. 
I grew up listening to Onyeka Onwenu, Toni Braxton, Anita Baker the late Tina Onwudiwe and Tracy Chapman. I love them because I can actually sing their songs. Love Whitney Houston too but then who doesn’t? 
What I do is soul music primarily but I’ll be doing some pop, Afro pop and maybe some RnB. Basically good music and I hope you guys enjoy them. 
Thanks for all your support thus far. Love you all. 
Lily Johnson





What do you think guys?

Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K 
Twitter: ChizyK

2 comments:

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...