Friday 16 November 2012

MY WIFE KNOWS ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN IYABO OJO AND I – MUKA RAY



Though a chip off the old block, Muka Ray, son of late thespian, Ray Ejiwunmi, with his siblings in the movie industry, has exhibited a matured approach to establishing his movie career. The range of his craft has won him plaudits home and abroad and now that he’s found his voice in music, he’s wooing more fans. In this interview with BIODUN KUPOLUYI, he spoke about his passion for entertainment, his music and his romance with star actress, Iyabo Ojo.

In an interview with E 24-7 Mag, he talks about the alleged drug money and his relationship with Iyabo.


Click read more for excerpts ...

There are reports you carry drugs that music and movies are enough to explain your sudden wealth?

No, it’s a total misconception. I have heard it too but I’m not bothered. I keep my eyes on the ball. Alot of people do not know many artistes source of income, so they speculate.             They wonder how could Muka Ray with all the complaints about piracy in the movie industry can afford a car of Six Million Naira, the truth is it’s not drug but hard work and connections, because if I travel I don’t just do that for vacation, it’s either I have a show as the Master of Ceremonies or  make appearances at a  public show and get duly paid. Like come November, I’m going to UK and some parts of Europe for awards and  concerts. I will touch Germany, Italy and Holland with my music band. I want Nigerians abroad to see Muka Ray in another form.

There is a trend in your  movie and now music career, you hardly do anything without Iyabo Ojo, do you so much believe in her?

Well, Iyabo Ojo is my colleague, she believes in Muka a lot and when it comes to productions, we share a whole lot of fruitful ideas together and the outcome is always rewarding, so we are very compatible. We take advice from each other, like when I wanted to start my music career I told  her about it and  she was  surprised but she later asked me what will make my music different, she said she hoped it would not be like those common beats out there, she wanted to know if my music will send message to the listeners. I remember that I told her it will be a unique style and it will come with a lot of messages. She found it like that and gave all the support. 

So she’s more like your confidant and adviser?

Yes, she is everything you call it, she advised me a lot and she wants the best for me, just like I want for her.
 
So if you haven’t married would you have proposed to her?

If I haven’t married I won’t  because I’m someone that is already in public and  I cannot afford my wife to be too. It’s usually not easy to have a couple  who are celebrities, the pressure can be unbearable,  so I wouldn’t have proposed to her. 

But do you people mix business with pleasure sometimes?

Not really. 

But a lot of people feel there’s a kind of chemistry between you two?

No, to tell you the truth Iyabo Ojo is more or less like my  younger sister, she knows my family and she’s very close to my wife, she’s free with me and she has been a reliable colleague,  we talk a lot. 

You mean wife has never taken you up on Iyabo Ojo’s matter?

No, because they are very close and my wife knows the relationship that exists between the two of us, she knows she’s a business partner and a very good person to me. 

You discovered her, right?

God discovered her.

Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K 
Twitter: ChizyK 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...