Wednesday 3 October 2012

Kuti Family Incognizant Of Verified Fela Twitter Account



Earlier this week, news of  verified twitter account belonging to the late Afro-beat icon Fela Kuti was everywhere, but a spokesperson for Kuti's family said: 
"The family is not aware that a Fela Twitter page exists let alone being verified."
Reports says the twitter account was opened 3 years ago, and its being managed by independent US label Knitting Factory Records (KFR). The label is responsible for re-releasing Fela’s catalog controlled by top gun label Universal Music.

Yeni Kuti, eldest daughter of the late great Afrobeat legend told reporters that
“I’m not on Twitter, I don’t know who runs the account. I’ll run this by my people, this shouldn't be legal. I’ll have to get back to you”, 
Meanwhile the last son of late Afro-beat icon Fela, Seun Kuti released his 2011 album 'From Africa With Fury: Rise' under the same Knitting Factory imprint that manages Fela's twitter account.

Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K 
Twitter: ChizyK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...