Saturday 11 February 2012

Nigerian Rappers React To Don Jazzy's Anti Rap Comment



Mo’Hits boss, Don Jazzy commented on Nigerian rappers and their style of music, in an interview in HipHopWorld Magazine, Don Jazzy stated 
‘If you decide that you want to do rap, there is one thing that you should put at the back of your mind; you parents are not proud of you whether you like it or not ... I think Modenine is a very good rapper but I’m not a big fan of his music because that’s like the old school of rap. I really can’t understand, I can’t take dictionary and be listening to your lyrics, I’m sorry ... You can’t expect to go to Ajegunle and you put McDonalds on one side and ‘Mama Put’ on the other side and expect the McDonalds to sell more than ‘Mama Put’ that more people can relate to".
Terry, a hip hop star who belonged to the same crew ‘SWATROOT‘ as Modenine, Six Foot plus, ELDEE XL, Overdose, and other respected rappers,  tweeted;
‘Just read wat @DONJAZZY said about rappers and rap music,with all due respect datz just WRONG! Its a diss 2 us rappers tho. #BANS ... "If you decide dat u want 2 do rap,there is 1 thing u shld put at d bk of ur mind,ur parents r not proud of u" @DONJAZZY (Haba!). 
"I find it funny that he dedicated half of his interview to direct disses at Nigerian rappers, it’s surprising yet apologetic." Terry told another magazine in a phone conversation.
Modenine is yet to comment but a few rappers have had a thing or two to say. Rapper A-Q tweeted 
‘Well I do rap & I don’t give a F if my parents r proud of me or not,nI’d rather dey not b proud dan dey be proud of me soundin like D’prince‘.
 Another veteran rapper Illbliss simply tweeted 
‘So our folks ain’t proud of us? Wow‘.
Don Jazzy issued a statement apologizing for the statement on the Mo’Hits website. The statement reads ...
‘I like rap. I wish I could rap but unfortunately i can’t. That aside what i mean’t was simply the fact that i don’t know any Nigerian parent above 40 that can recite our rap word for word. That would be something. If there are hip fathers and mothers in Nigeria i don’t think they would be more than 5% of parents‘, the statement reads in part. 
‘Ok i apologize for using the words “not proud of” ‘cos you could say a parent is proud of  a child that is a surgeon and can brag to his or her friends about that doesn’t mean that the parent can join the son to carry out a major operation on a patient. Doctor Sid for instance used to be a rapper (and yes i know he was not the best at it). His father used to hate that he was a musician. I personally think he was just frustrated ‘cos he didn’t understand the kind of music he was doing… 
‘To those that feel offended by my statement, i am sincerely sorry. I definitely wish us all well. No bad belle or bad blood towards anyone. I do hope i have been able to explain how i mean’t what i said sha na there the english wey i know reach. Thanks for reading. IDJA‘.

 Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

1 comment:

  1. Don jazzy is just silly for dissing Modenine who is the best rapper in Nigeria. At least I rather hear him than the fool d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call dbanj who sings crap.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...