Wednesday 4 January 2012

Legendary Senegalist Singer Youssou N'Dour To Run For Senegal Presidency

Senegalese world music star Youssou N'Dour said he will stand in next month's presidential elections, mounting a high-profile challenge to the West African state's veteran leader Abdoulaye Wade.

The Grammy Award winning icon confirmed it when he said.
"I am a candidate. I will engage in the presidential race. I do not have a university education but the presidency is not something you go to school for. For a very long time, many Senegalese of different backgrounds have called for my candidacy for the presidency next February. I've listened, I've heard and I am responding favorably to their request. I am a candidate. It's a supreme patriotic duty, the best I can give of myself. I am the alternative to the current leadership in place in the country" - N'Dour said in a broadcast."

Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...