Sunday 2 October 2011

Kate Henshaw-Nuttal Recounts Her Domestic Abuse Experience


It's amazing that Nigerian celebrities no longer keep shut about this matters, but instead they speak up about their experience with abusive men, hopefully this helps create awareness of this such situation. In a recent interview, Kate revealed she had once been a victim of an abusive relationship. In discussing her experience with an abusive Ex-boyfriend, she said;


“He was constantly abusing, beating and battering me inside the house and public places. I think there was a time when I walked round with bandage on my leg, courtesy of my violent lover, but that was many years ago,” 
When asked the reason she remained in the relationship though she almost got killed, she said


 “It’s funny. It’s very ironical because after the beating comes the gifts, the begging, the cries and words like, 'it’s your fault, I’d try and change, it’s not me'. Everybody will now be saying, forgive him, he’s begging. In one of the beatings, he broke my ankle… Na God save me o. I would have died.”
Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...