Wednesday 7 September 2011

PICTURES: Nigerian Singer Eva Rebrands With New Name and New Looks


The 2011 Headies (Hip Hop World Award) nominee EVA (D’DIVA) has just announced that as a result of personal evolution and the maturing state of her brand, she will be dropping the English stage name (EVA) and will now take up her native name EVAEZI pronounced ( AY - VAY - ZEE ) meaning ‘A PURE AND HONEST HEART / SOUL’ in the Isoko speaking part of Delta State.

In discussing her re branding phase, Evaezi revealed that 
“My music and I are evolving. My sound today is not what it used to be when I first came out in 2006 with ‘No Cry’, my latest release ‘Better Than Her’ which is doing really well proves that. I find myself wanting to experiment more… to bridge the gap between the African and the Western… to not stay boxed up. I wanna stay grounded in my roots in terms of identity as I reach for the sky, especially now that I am in talks with interested international distributors. The type of music I do today is afrocentric in nature but experimental in pattern. I hate being predictable!”.



Don't forget to join me
Facebook: Chizy K
Twitter: ChizyK 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...