Saturday 23 April 2011

Exclusive Interview with YQ: Life after the death of Dagrin










 I would love to start this post with a big thank you to YQ Jubril, close colleague and bosom friend of late rapper Dagrin - Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun for granting us this exclusive interview.







CS: How close were you to the late rapper Dagrin?
YQ: We were close friends


CS: The media remembers vividly how much pain you felt, and how you cried on the day he was buried. Considering it has been a year now, how do you feel?

YQ: It still feels like yesterday, but the good thing is, he has been remembered everywhere and most youths still celebrate Dagrin, so it is good, no shaking, GOD says we should give thanks always.

CSI would agree with you on that because, there's been various shows around the UK, US and Nigeria to mark his remembrance. Have you held any of your own show for him or have you been a part of any?
YQ: I have been part of one, and I am also happy that he is being remembered, so it's all goodDagrinliveson.


CSDo you think he had premonitions about his death? Because as we know,  just a few weeks after his death, his very questionable  single, "If I Die" dropped.
YQ: I don't know about that, but it is the song that made me really cry because I wouldn't have allowed him record it. I didn't even hear it till he died, but GOD knows best.


CS: Would you know anything about the much talked about Dagrin Movie that has just been premiered?
YQ: I don't know and don't want to talk about it, it is their contribution to d movement


CS: How would you describe your relationship with his parents, and is it true he had a child before he passed on?
YQ: I'm in good terms with d family, especially his mother and sister BukkyI don't know about the child thing.


CS: Talking about the tribute song/video u did for Dagrin titled "Miss you",  can you tell me a little about it?
YQ: I did the song about 4 or 5 months after he passed on, and I couldn't write because It was still so hard to believe he was no more, hence, it was more of a freestyle. Sossick made the beat and asked me to grab d microphone, freestyle and say how I feel, well we did a night session, and tears rolled down that night 
shaa.  

CS: Well 
YQ, It has been really nice chatting with you about your late friend . Lastly could you tell us your real names, state of origin and what your fans should expect from you this year?
YQ: My name is Yakub Jubril, from Kogi state, and I am currently working in the studio.

2 comments:

  1. Babe!! This is a great interview. RIP DaGrin

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jubril's video so so natural. RIP Dagrin

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of this post
Feel free to share them below ... Chizy K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...